View Single Post
      06-20-2021, 09:51 PM   #232
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
If things continue, Max may win his first this year, but mark my words - Russel will move to Merc and win more titles than Max.
But do you really want to?
Do you really want to get into the same situation that we've been in, in the last 9 years or so?
That even before the season begins it's pretty sure who'll win and if not, the other guy will be his teammate?
That constructors championships are won with 300+ point differences?

That's not good for the sport, as every race will be a dull race.

The last really exciting season in F1 was 2012 where multiple drivers and teams were fighting for the title.

Because that's what true fans of the sport want to see. Real battles on the track that last until the last round. I mean, up till half the race the top 3 was within 4 seconds, we had seen 2 leadership changes, and then the race leader takes a pitstop and the #2 and #3 don't and then an incredible hunt begins that lasts till the end.
These are the kinds of races I want to see.

And preferably that even more teams mix into the fight
The lead MERC and RB now had over the other teams in this race (the gap was 50 sec or so) is still too big.
That's why I'm also eager to see what effect the development budget restraints will have in 2-3 years.
Will we see a top 4 within 100 points composed of drivers who all race in a different team and a top 4 constructors championship also within ~100 points? Like we had in 2012?

Or will we see 1 team leading with over 300 points and 1 driver having a 100+ point lead on the runner up, racing for the same team?

I'm a VER fan mainly for 2 reasons:
1. He's a spectacular driver that sometimes displays incredible moves on the track (drifting through corners to correct his own mistakes because he wants to go too fast etc)
2. He's currently the only one that breaks that pattern that makes F1 the dullest sport on earth in the last decade.

That I hear the most beautiful and (arguably) oldest anthem in the world every time he wins is only a 3rd, minor reason.

But honestly if we get a race every time like the one we had now, the one who wins becomes less and less important.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Autobacs1337.00
M5Rick59633.00
inTgr8r2425.50