View Single Post
      10-19-2021, 11:35 AM   #5607
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
I had a look at this and I shouldn't have....so I lust after an M4 but the price has always been a deterrent but this seems like bargain. I don't know if I could sneak another gun into the house right now though....
lol, well Moddie got me on the DPMS BB gun, so its only fair I put a bug in someone else's mind about another gun.

But if you are serious, hold off for a while and PM me in a month or so, I can report back with some real world experience then.

My brother took it out to the range (knowing that based on the reviews, the springs are stiff and it needs to be worked in, so the first few times were going to be rough) so he was expecting that, but the gun didn't cycle ANY of the frangible buckshot he got from the ammo guys.

That said, it was apparently absolutely shite ammo, they ran that ammo through 870's and they weren't cycling it either because the brass lip at the bottom of the shell was ramped instead of more of a lip, so the ejector couldn't get a good purchase on it. Plus, the husks were also expanding in the barrel so it was just apparently bad all around. Guys were losing their minds, bunch of them wrote up reports to instruct the ammo guys not to ever buy this stuff again.

So its probably the ammo, but there were other factors too, so not a good first showing overall, but he's trying to figure out which was what. He's going out again this weekend and going non frangible and different ammo this time.

Plus, maybe I can work my way up there in a month or so and get my grubby little hands on it to play with it too.
Murf99314114.00