05-29-2020, 01:00 AM   #78
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Even on a Physician salary, the nicer part of Los Angeles are unaffordable to me. I'll have to rent for years and find a spouse in a similar profession to afford a decent home. And it's not even like the homes are remotely nice for under $3 million. Most are under 2000-3000 sq ft without a yard with a view of a dumpster and built in some old neighborhood. I could always do southern Orange County (besides Newport/Laguna) but it's pretty boring out there until you have a family.

Home prices are ridiculous. Something's wrong when even people in the highest earning professions in the country are priced out!
The west side, Beverly Hills, Hollywood Hills - sure. you're competing with entertainment moguls and actors. Palos Verdes and the valley (Woodland Hills, Calabasas, Thousand Oaks) you can get some decent places for the money.

Best option is to find a starter house in a good neighborhood, put some upgrades into it, build equity and then sell and take any gain to roll into a better place. Beats flushing rent money down the toilet every month, helps your tax situation and interest rates are super low.
zx10guy5149.50