07-06-2020, 10:29 AM   #24
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
What about an X3M or X3 m40i? Or x5 if you want larger?

As someone with two kids, I wouldn't plan your vehicle purchase too much around kids right now. Any of those cars can fit a car seat in back plus you said you still think you are a few years away. You have a longggg time before carpools and sports.
This is true, I guess I'm just trying to be overly prepared haha. Like I mentioned, when we travel back home it is already tight in our CX-5 with our dogs (60lb bernedoodle & 40lb goldendoodle so they are by no means small, we usually lay our back seats down and put a blanket for them to lay on). Hence why I was considering something larger. But anytime I bring up a larger SUV she just glares at me and tells me to get rid of my M3 to replace it with a truck.... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
The Macan will be the sportiest of the bunch but if she doesn't value driving dynamics much I'd skip it. The money factors are high, discounts are low, and overall you'll get much more car for your money by getting an X3/GLC/Q5. Personally I find the rear seats of the Macan to be spacious enough for normal sized adults.

I haven't driven a Stelvio but have head good things. However when you take a seat inside it you'll be struck by how cheap everything looks and feels. You'll have to see if you value the driving experience enough to make up for it being less-than-average at everything else.

It sounds like you don't have kids so I don't imagine you'll need a bigger CUV, but that's up to you.
If anyone would appreciate the driving dynamics it would be me, but she is going to be driving majority of the time. I doubt she would "feel" a large different between the two. Appreciate the comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg97 View Post
Heads up but new 2021 Tahoe and Yukon out late summer/early fall. Should be much improved handling with the IRS. Having said that, it's still gonna be very different compared to your other options.
I am actually a big fan of the way the Yukons & Tahoes look. With that said it would be a major sell to my fiance lol. She just doesn't like them. Not sure if it's just because of the brand or what. I'd be all for picking up either of them. My Dad has a 2019 Yukon and it is nice to ride in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
What does "relatively sporty" mean?

The GLE and GLS, while comfortable, attractive (to many) and reliable (X/W166 models), are not real sporty in the base models. This applies to the GLE350 and GLS450.

The AMG models, GLE43, GLE63s and GLS63s, are very sporty, but I'm guessing are out of the price range based on the comments so far.
Yeah the GLE43/63s & GLS63s are most likely out of the price range. I don't think she needs the sporty aspect, more of a want. I'd be happy with the GLE350, and I doubt she would miss the sporty aspect much when she feels the comfort level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
How about a Cadillac XT5 or XT6? Either can tow a minimum of 4,000 pounds.
I'll have to check into these a little more, haven't looked at them much yet.