03-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #17
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualvic View Post
I had to step down on the gas more to feel the difference...........kind of odd because if you slam the gas on any car, it will move!
Ok, so looking at this situation from the beginning.
Of course, if you wired the BMS up wrong, the dash CEL would have lit up.
So this being the case, you got the wiring correct, which as we agree, is not hard.

When in Comfort mode, accelerating the car gently and even moderately, there really isn't any difference in performance compared to stock. If there is, it isn't perceptible. We really haven't engaged the turbo terribly much.

Staying in Comfort, when you give the pedal a little shove further down - doesn't have to be that much - and truly engage the turbo, you should be able to feel a marked difference between S1 & stock. As mentioned, I even found EP mode to go significantly better, even within EP's solid line parameters.

Ok, so go through various runs with different pedal settings in various modes. If you still feel the unit isn't working, disconnect the battery, remove the unit, reconnect the cables to stock and compare runs.

Then re-connect and try again.

Thinking about this, a very and I mean a very long shot may be that the control box didn't connect with the ecu and may need to be re-engaged. Maybe. Although I would suspect CEL warning, but one never knows.

So that may very well be your best way to check your S1 unit is truly working. If not, take matters up with your supplier.

Lastly, no matter how a post reads, we are all here to help.
Cheers
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0