View Single Post
      02-08-2017, 02:50 PM   #9
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive manual

Garage List
This is incredibly subjective and you'll get three different results from three different magazines. In the Motortrend head 2 head that just came out, they raved about the comp pack and said that it completely transforms the car and the comp pack equipped M3 is the best M3 by a mile. C&D says it makes the car uncomfortable and hard to live with, which I personally disagree with because I never find mine uncomfortable and actually think it rides fantastic.

Same goes for the performance testing. The last german magazine that tested them has the M3 being the fastest around the track, MT has the Alfa just slightly faster (though they called it a tie) and C&D doesn't have a track time listest, although their acceleration numbers are also different than Autobild for example, which is to be expected.

Point is they are all so close in performance that there is no discernable difference in real life. On a day to day basis, I wouldn't want to sit in the caddy all day because of it's sub-par interior, I wouldn't want to deal with the Mercedes COMAND interface because it's horrible and I wouldn't want to deal with Alfa's system either (although I don't have any personal experience with it) but from what I read, it's far behind BMW's iDrive.

In my opinion, the BMW is also the best looking car of the bunch by a longshot. It all comes down to personal preference however and at the end of the day, these are all awesome machines.

To the people deciding on ZCP vs. non-ZCP, I would highly recommend driving one before making your decision based on an article in a magazine.
Appreciate 0