View Single Post
      10-22-2021, 09:20 AM   #1426
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: F30 335i

We started kitchen demo last weekend, and I'm rebuilding the kitchen island tomorrow. There was literally no supports. The 2corners where the walls met were just held together by drywall.
We'll build it back correctly. So far I've only spent about $300 (debris removal & buying lunch for family members who helped tear down)

I'll show a couple before and then current progress. We're leaving the floors (same throughout the house), cutting the bar height from 48" down to 36" (standard), all new counter tops, new back splash, new stove that will sit flush with island, and sanding/painting the cabinets (uppers in white, lowers in an off-green color).

We also raised the ceiling to be flush with the rest of the house. We found, under the ceiling you see in the before pics, that they had left the original tracks/lighting, including the 3' long tube light bulbs in the ceiling and just drywalled over it. Everything was half-assed. I always felt like I walked into a hobbit hole w/7'6" ceilings in the kitchen, and now it's back to the original 9'.
Attached Images

vreihen1615239.50