View Single Post
      10-11-2021, 07:58 AM   #1410
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep

Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

Saturday we loaded the kids up early and headed to Lowes for supplies. I had to change my plans up a couple times on the fly because Lowes seemed to be out of everything, but I eventually got it figured out. I grabbed some 10 foot sticks of 1/2 galv, I wanted to use conduit but they were out, some zip dies, anchors, etc etc. I drilled some holes in the top of the tubes and hammered them into the ground and attached them to the fence. I had to use the wrong mounts since lowes was out of those, but these worked.

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr

I anchored the lights to the house with some aluminum clamps from work and zipties, I hope they hold up. After about 2 hours I had the lights up.

The two strands of lights of course met in the middle of the air so I had to get a little crafty to hold them together. I then wrapped this sketchy contraption in duct tape of course.

And the finished product.

I ran out and grabbed some german beers, stole some firewood from my parents, and had a buddy over for cigars and beers.. PROST!

We still have some signs to put up and we have a biergarten table on the way, but its getting close and I enjoyed relaxing out there.

81NufHiG-yL._AC_SL1500_ by Nick Wood, on Flickr
Kilabyte3946.50
King Rudi13154.00
Buug95917159.00
rcaso26331.00