View Single Post
      03-10-2023, 12:25 PM   #31
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Very good vid with journo Reginaldo Leme explaining the circumstances of Senna's off and understandably his reluctance to talk about his error. Haven't seen this one before, thanks for sharing and I'll watch all the other ones attached at the end.
The 2021 Hamilton-Verstappen rivalry regularly reminded me of the Prost-Senna rivalry. In the late 80s Prost was the established world champion, stoic, "Le Professeur", while Senna was the very talented rascal upsetting the establishment with unorthodox and ruthless racing. Back in their racing days, they despised each other, did not talk to each other. But a change of heart happened after Prost had quit F1: Senna approached Prost, explaining that he truly missed him as challenger and that racing without him was no longer exciting anymore. Prost explained in a recent long interview that they regularly were in touch with each other and actually a bromance blossomed between them. They had left the toxic past behind them and moved on in good terms.

I hope that someday something similar could happen between Hamilton and Verstappen. Different personae, but who knows.

Here's the very interesting interview (by Rosberg) of Prost talking about Senna (see from 31:22 onwards):