11-20-2019, 07:24 AM   #1525
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Appreciate your advice man! It's funny that I've scoured the internet, watched hours of youtube videos, listened to do this and don't that, then don't do that, do this; take these suppliments, don't take those supplements, take these supplements to the point where I can see how and why people give up. But I have learned more here, aside from paying attention to how my body responds to the various stimuli I have subjected it to. You and Rmtt have been a huge help!

Although I'm still keeping careful track of every calorie that I eat, I've shifted my focus off dropping body fat percentage to just grinding at the gym. I started a new method this week, that I'm really enjoying. 4 sets of ten on each group that I work that day. The next time I work that group 4 sets of 11, next time 4 sets of 12, then increase weight and start back at 4 of ten....and so on and so forth. I've got to get my progressive overload going. This is going to be my focus for the next couple of months with slowly increasing calories. Come February or March I'll cut for a few weeks and hopefully the results will be somewhere close to what I want. Then I'll reformulate the game plan and start again. Pumped about the next few months.
Moving this over here since we got away from the IM fasting topic. I don't dislike the method you've been using in the gym, but I would say that it isn't the route I'd take. I've never got the best results from lower amount of reps, so my count has always been around 8-12 when I'm working. My first set of each exercise is warm up, stretching out around 15-20 reps just low and slow with light weight. The following three sets of mine are working sets.

For instance if I'm doing DB shoulder press. First set will be w/ the 50s around 15 reps again low and stretching. Next set will be 65s for around 12 reps, 3rd will be 75s for around 10 reps, finish with 80s shooting for 8 reps. During the three working sets I'm pushing myself to fatigue. I think this is the crucial part of it. I don't like having a set count in my head, I push until I can't anymore. So if I'm shooting for 8 reps, get 8 and feel like I can do more then I'm for damn sure pushing for more. In my eyes muscular pain is what keeps you growing, don't get my wrong I'm not talking about tearing shit, but there's good and bad pain.

What I'm getting at with this is that if you're doing your 4 sets of 10 methodology you should be pushing to hit that 10th rep. If you got that 10th rep with ease, increase the weight and keep doing so until that final rep is a struggle!
King Rudi13154.00
Rmtt8208.00