View Single Post
      08-18-2021, 06:54 AM   #242
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Of course, but who says RB needs that last bit of prize money.
That's my whole point. I think the money from RB (the sponsor) is more leading.

Because you're now projecting one of 2 situations:
VER wins WDC but RB becomes second (or third) in WCC, or, VER doesn't win WDC but RB wins WCC
I think the leading question here is: what does RB the sponsor wants to see more eagerly.
Because I think RB the sponsor doesn't mind paying the difference (and then some) if they get what they want most if it really comes to that...

Anyhow, we don't hear Marko and Horner talking about seriously wanting to redevelop the car because only Max seems to be talented enough to drive it properly in order to win the WCC because otherwise they get into financial trouble. So apparently that's not a real issue. Sure they would like to see PER scoring full runner up points every time, but apparently not at the expense of VER becoming WDC because nothing what they say points otherwise.
And I think Marko and Horner are well versed in both the financial position of RBR and how much prize money they can expect or not. Better than you or me anyways.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 08-18-2021 at 07:13 AM..
M5Rick60441.00