View Single Post
      12-30-2014, 10:02 PM   #1
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 xDrive 40i

My M4 got scratched, what should I do?

I have posted this also on my car thread, I am posting it here, too, hoping that you guys from my area can help me with a better idea on how to handle this.

Unfortunately this car is not idiot proof so I have already got a damage on it last Saturday night. I was trying to make a U turn in a very slow moving traffic at a traffic light in Houston and a "smart" driver of a company rented Suburban thought he had enough space between me and the rest of the drivers to make a left there so he hit my rear bumper... I was looking in my mirrors and just saying "don't do that" until I felt how he hit my back...

My question now is how I should deal with this... I got 2 estimates from BMW, one of $661 and another one of $636 but the problem is that it will probably go on my Carfax, although I am leasing but... one of the body shops said that they are going to repaint only that area, the other one said that they will repaint the whole bumper.

I also have another solution, going to Vive Auto Detailing in Houston for a touch up paint but they said that since there aren't any chips in the rear bumper it won't turn out to be perfect because the paint doesn't have any wholes where to go in...they also said that on some cars they make it 100% perfect and on some other ones they don't... they quoted me $75 for that...

I can do that $75 job and if I am not happy I can scratch it back and use the guy's insurance or leave it just like that after the touch up paint and leave with it like that because I can't stand the idea to repaint the whole bumper for a small sh*t like that...

I wonder how much does a rear bumper cost, I have been trying to search for a price but I wasn't able to find one... because I could just get another bumper and paint it rather than repainting a barely scratched one.

I keep thinking how to solve this because it is just like a knife in my head, damn thing, I put the clear bra on the front to be road proof but I did not think about the rear of the car to be idiot proof, too. It's been a few days since my good night sleep is gone.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0