View Single Post
      01-15-2018, 05:38 PM   #125
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
It has been that way for along time and the ///M brand wasn't diluted. My 1986 325es had several ///M logos on it from the factory. Nobody ever mistook it for an E30 M3 nor was it even close. My 2001 Z3 3.0 has several ///M badges on it from the factory. Nobody thinks it is an M Roadster. Doesn't dilute the brand. Do I think people should put ///M badges that don't come from the factory on their cars. No - that is fake.
Are you sure those weren't dealer fitted?
Ive seen a lot of z3 3.0i's but never one that claimed to have m badges factory fitted.
325es I've never seen as I think thats fitted with a restricted/detuned US only engine? (compared to the 325i)

Imho this is different to the current situation where bmw's with 'm style' accesoiries are fitted with m badges and launched at international motorshows this way (for instance a 218d active tourer FWD minimpv's fitted with m badges on international motorshows on display).
That kind of dillution wasnt there in the 80's
Back then you could have a m535i.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
tetsuo1111224.00