Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep

Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
crisp:

Thank you for being, what seems like, one of about 10 posting members who do not wear rose colored glasses.

You have an e93. I had an e90 335.

The idea of respecting another brand and or at least giving it a shot for a spot in the garage is almost crime like here.

Let us know how it goes.

Their comparisons are not fair at all, that's what pisses me off.

It's like a guy with a Mustang GT comparing to a 335 because they have similar power.
Or like a guy with a JB3 335i comparing to a stock M3 and saying the 335i is just as good.
When those happen, 335i/M3 fans flip out, but when comparing an S4 and 335xi, everything gets twisted.

Even the guys that took away the X-drive for the comparison...how the hell are they going to compare a 335i with RUN FLAT TIRES to an S4 for handling?

Then they say "oh you can swap out the tires, oh you can add a JB3 and make it faster, blah blah"...well then sorry, you don't own what BMW offers you anymore, you own a car that you customized yourself because what BMW offered did NOT satisfy you.

If I get the Audi, I don't have to swap out the tires, I can control the suspension so I don't have to fight with myself about getting Sports Suspension or not get it, like I did with the 335i.

Anyway, like I said, full review with video tomorrow when I test drive it on the west side highway in NYC.