05-24-2023, 08:51 PM   #36
Stlthnmrdrd
1-800-STOCKAF
United_States
Rep

Drives: G30 520i (Stock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
when did all these snaps, crackles, pops etc become so popular with cars?
i remember growing up cars, even supercars, didn't make these stupid sounds all the time.
ferraris porsches lambos etc
they had great sounding exhausts, but no farting was included

is this to please the fast and furious (and tasteless) crowd?
i exepct that kind of crap on civic type Rs and GTis etc
but no proper drivers cars (driven by peope over the age of 18)

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/7SL4ioIjMi4
I exactly know the time period 2017. back then I had a F30 335i and it was around the time f80s were popping. I was also looking at youtube and ive seen a couple e46 m3's with crazy backfire tunes by Rktunes. Back then Jordan mostly did e36 and e46 chassis tunes. This was when the whole crackling burbling was lowkey.

When i saw the video i was wondering if he could do the same with turbo charged cars. I asked and he sort of delivered but it wasn't the "Bang" i was looking for. Then Dme tuning in NJ came out, they released tunes for f80's. The first time I saw a dme tune in person was at a car meet and his backfire was so loud u can feel it in ur chest. After the f80's started doing burble tunes. e9x m3's started getting burble/flame tunes mainly from gintani and rktunes.

After time passed and more people got exposed to burble backfire tunes everyone started to get them done on their cars. Especally 2015-2018 era being the peak of Ig and facebook + car meets, everyone knew about burble tune.

Jordan from rktunes also started to do Youtube, and because of the burble tune, he got big in the car scene. Other youtubers especially adamlz featured him on youtube and then tjhunt featured him as well at some point.

Mhd was focusing mainly on n54 back then, so BM3 was everyone's go to. They started releasing adjustable burble settings first and now mhd branched out to other chassis and engine platforms to compete against bm3.

Then u have 2018-2019 when people non stop rev at car meets to show off their burble tunes + flame tunes. Flame tunes started getting popular after a bunch of gtr's started shooting flames. Then jordan from rktunes offered the same flame/gunshot tunes.

i think 2020- 2022 was when takeovers started to happen.

In summary the burble tune started from the F30/f80

because of burbles car meets today get shut down so fast. Before 2015 meets didnt get shut down as fast as they do nowadays.