View Single Post
      03-06-2023, 01:36 PM   #67
Carlman3
Private
Rep

Drives: 2020 X1, 2009 328i

I never considered owning a BMW or any other so called 'luxury' brand of vehicle. Until one day I did. I test drove a Toyota Avalon, a Subaru Legacy GT, and some other stuff.. and they were $30,k cars in 2005. I saw a base model 325i was about the same so I thought I'd try one.. It was love at first drive. I'd only heard bad stories about how expensive they were.

I put 100,k trouble free miles on my E46 base model. I remember looking at it in the garage and saying, 'wow, I own a brand new BMW.' That was a special feeling of accomplishment.

Over time I bought an X3 (E83) and recently replaced that with a newer X1 (F48).

I wanted a convertible and found one in the color and options I wanted for a fair price. So now I have an E93 as well. I really love driving that car. (other than the pothole explosions)

I still prefer the classic look and driving dynamics of the E46... it's just so balanced. I like the square setup over staggered.

At some point I test drove a 135i and later a 228i convertible and thought BMW had lost their way... Just numb, especially the 228i. The way the X2 drove is what brought me back to buy another BMW. I needed a little more space so the X1 was the better option. Drives nice, but not as good. (I'd still take it over the 228i, though)...

So over the years I've come here.. and it seems to have been revamped a couple or few times over the years... so nice to see it's still a good community.
M3 boi3211.00