cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
In these parts (self-proclaimed logistics hub of the northeast), every trucking terminal and warehouse is also advertising (more like begging!) for forklift operators, pallet pushers, and order pickers...at well above minimum wage. Even if there were enough truck drivers, the stuff won't move itself once it reaches the terminal/warehouse docks!

I'm thinking that electronic "nanny" ELD laws have also taken all of the fun out of being a truck driver these days, which probably isn't helping in the recruitment process.....
If anything, it forced out old timers that either didn’t want to or couldn’t deal with the new technology, which is a shame. The old timers were a good breed for the most part.

I have no problem with the ELD as it hopefully did away with cowboys that were dangerous on the road. Younger drivers can adapt.

I love the technology. Especially for insurance purposes. Freaking nuclear verdicts against the big bad trucking companies sucks. Now we have safety features like collision avoidance and I love the drive cams; both forward facing and driver facing. I can’t tell you how many times we have had stupid accidents in the past where the four wheeler said we did something wrong. All my trucks have dash cams and capture the nonsense. Previously it was a he said, she said and insurance companies paid just to make it go away. Now driver just shows the LEO the video and he writes a ticket on the scene to car driver that did something stupid and shows at fault.
vreihen1615280.00