View Single Post
      03-22-2007, 10:04 PM   #77
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: still deciding what to order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Would you actually put the rack on? If I saw a roof rack on a Porsche (Cayenne aside) I might just wet myself laughing.
You know, my gf would adamantly agree with you. She doesn't want me to get a Porsche simply because she thinks it would look so "gay" if I ever had the rack on it.

The rack goes on and off very easily, so it would be on the car maybe 1% of the time. I would just use it if I needed to take a bike or extra gear for a long trip. I don't really want the Cayman it for the style anyway. It certainly will be more fun to drive with the rack than any other car that a rack would be more fitting on.

I attached some pictures of Caymans with racks on them so you can wet yourself laughing. Personally I don’t think they look half bad. I like to see people actually using cars that most people just wash and take out on Sunday. This is what the Porsche was designed to do. :rocks: It’s supposed to be able to drive in any condition and accommodate a rack. The tire chains and rack attachments in the Porsche catalogue are proof of that. I bet Ferraris won’t do that!
Attached Images