06-09-2015, 10:09 AM   #13
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
If you are already using mirror lock-up and a 2 second delay, and still getting shake, it could be a number of things.

- It could also be camera strap (if you have one) especially if it's windy. I removed my camera strap for this reason.

- Could be user focus error. Another thought, if you are not using live view with manual focus and 10x zoom to focus, start doing so. You can zoom in on parts of the scene in the background and ensure they are in focus. It could just be a focus issue. Also, use smaller aperture, don't be afraid to stop down to f/18 or f/22.

- If you are already doing all of the above, and still getting shake, it's the tripod. A mediocre tripod during a long exposure even with minimal wind will cause shake. You can try to add a weight to your tripod to keep it firmly planted. Do some research on your tripod and see if others may have this issue. What kind of tripod is it?
I still think his DOF is too shallow. Because there is some portion of every image that is well focused and sharp. Using a ND filter in a shaded forest will make it easy to be at a fairly large aperture.