07-21-2019, 06:51 AM   #223
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I drive one way two work 80 miles, about 1 hour 50 minutes each way, so about 20 hours a week. My daily is mostly my 2006 E90, which is a base 325i with a sport package covered in beige Sensatec. Some how for the past 12 years I've been able to survive driving it. I also have a '08 E86 Z4 with the extended leather interior and M-sport seats. I drive that once a week. I have to say I feel no different after the drive in either car. I mean, I'm not sitting ass-naked on the seat and both cars have leather steering wheels...

As long as the seats and driving position are comfortable and the interior is rattle-free, what does it really matter?
Its a preference thing. The consideration I keep raising is that its hard to go from a german car to an american one in many cases because the "quality" level feels lower on American cars in general. Of course comfort/ride and seat position is paramount to enjoy long drives. I dont want to "survive my drive" I want to enjoy it and arrive feeling good physically. Though the exterior panel gaps on my m3 are atrocious, especially for an 80k car, the interior is one of the things that really made me love my m3. The quality is high and it feels like an 80k car inside. My M is now 10 years old and the whole car still looks stylish by modern standards and my interior looks like a new car to this day.

My friend has a c6. Its a great car performance wise but has to be one of the worst interiors I have ever seen. Its not that old of a car and everything looks worn out inside after a few years of ownership. If rattles. Style wise its starting to look dated. The seats were ok, but after an hour drive my back was hurtin. I could not stop looking at the cheap buttons where the paint had rubbed off. The plastic everywhere interior and cheap infotainment systems made me really happy to jump back into my M car. I was wondering why there is an oh shit handle on the dash etc. It was a major turn off to me.

Its going to be really hard to beat the price/performance/quality balance I see in the photos of the C8 when compared to another M or 911 variant. I am starting to think more and more that the C8 might replace my m3 in the near future. I need to see and drive it to make that decision. Its all on paper now with the news announcement.

Bottom line, its getting harder for me to look at a 911 and say I need that since the C8 seems to check all the boxes I wanted out of that car other than the brand name. I could buy two cars for the price of one if I can get myself off the 911 bandwagon.

Harrop Supercharger, BPM Tune, K/W Coil over kit, Stoptek BBK, Magnaflow exhaust, ear to ear grin everytime I drive...

Last edited by Mvy; 07-21-2019 at 07:23 AM..