10-01-2007, 12:42 AM   #21
kurichan
Mr. Happy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESLAASTRO View Post
Kurichan:

from the hype, popularity, websites, and pre-orders for the 128/135, do you really believe your post with respect to price being this car's downfall?.....
Hype is hype. Lots of cars get hyped. I think it will take what could have been a higher volume seller and make it a materially more limited volume product.

Quote:
is you opinion about BMW overpricing this car based on any specific US market knowledge that you have i.e automotive marketing experience, or perhaps you own a dealership?...Please do enlighten us, as based on your info, I might just wait for another year and grab this car at a bargain basement price after it hamstrings.....
Pure opinion based on a decent but certainly not flawless knack for such things. I could be totally, completely wrong.

I am, among other things, CEO of an engine technology company, so I am in close touch with the market, but I don't think that qualifies me any more than anyone here to make an intuitive guess at how this car will do at whatever price BMW chooses.
Appreciate 0