View Single Post
      12-29-2020, 06:09 PM   #34
Drop the hammer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: '17 F87 M2 AW, Dct

We bought a Palisade AWD about 8 months ago, fully loaded for just under msrp. Having extensively test drove pretty much everything in this class of vehicle the Hyundai has really stepped up their game and blew away the grande Cherokee and the new explorer. However, there will be massive depreciation on this SUV to the tune of 700.00/month if you are putting miles on (like 15k/yr). There are people asking high prices at 5-15k miles but they are either in a bubble market or are asking out to lunch prices hoping some sucker will bite. These things were not being produced for awhile with covid, but are now back in full gear. So if there is high demand, Hyundai is all over this and will pump them out until everyone gets one.
They are all just cars, they all depreciate if driven. More so with kids and dogs in them. Even worse with the tan interiors, brutal for resale value. I would think at 3 years old and 40,000 miles it would be worth half of new msrp (all taxes and fee’s also lost).
That being said I really enjoy the palisade and I recommend it to everyone. And I’m a hardcore bmw fan. However paying over msrp is nuts. And expecting zero loss in a year is equally nuts. In 2 years from now the dealer lots will be full of new old stock and Hyundai will have incentives to move them off the lots. Then see resale prices take a massive hit. My 2 cents.