12-29-2020, 02:37 PM   #31
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
FYI. I was looking to buy a new Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive from a dealership in PA. The price was good as they were willing to negotiate. Here's the catch. I had to be responsible for securing temp tags and paying for my state's taxes and registration/tags. The temp tags are done by some company that is near the dealership and the cost I was told was around $100.

I don't know if this also applies to cars, but I don't see why it wouldn't. So make sure you understand fully what buying from the dealer in PA entails. I was glad I asked these specific questions before making the drive up there.

And for the record, I also wouldn't pay over MSRP for anything. If you can't find the car at MSRP or below, I would seriously look into buying a different car.
Right, made sure to square that away when I talked with him. Trying to find one under MSRP, just a struggle haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
Damn she exclusively wants the uglier colors? Unfortunate...

I feel for your position since it's clear you guys need the car now. You're over mileage on your current lease and traveling to get a better deal has a significant cost associated.

Is there a specific reason that you NEED to buy one brand new? Seemingly on every single car you've bought you made the decision that buying used made more sense.

Searching 'telluride' on my local craigslist brings up 21 results, 20 of which are on Carvana which I'm pretty sure offers shipping all over the country for either a small flat rate (~$500) or for free. Best deal I found was $36k for one with 5000 miles. That's 10 grand less than what you were originally quoted from the dealer, at LEAST $5k of which would be pissed away the second you drove it off the lot.

This makes me a bit concerned about your projected resale value, since 2020 models are already in the mid $30's at low mileage. I think that this new purchase will depreciate the amount you're projecting in ~12 months rather than 36.
Haha, yes she is difficult with her colors.

I've been keeping my eye on Carvana as well. Keep in mind the trim levels when looking there. Click the vehicle, go to window sticker and compare MSRP. The LX on carvana are sitting at $35k with an MSRP of $33k.... With 15k miles.... so they appreciated... It is absurd lol. I don't think I've specified the trim we are looking for, but it is the EX with the premium package. Avg MSRP of that vehicle in FWD is $41,xxx, AWD is around $43,xxx.