View Single Post
      09-03-2020, 02:10 PM   #2528
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
I ain't no expert but this is a good place to use Keto or near-keto ...

If you don't know, the theory is, you convert your body from a carbohydrate metabolism to a fat metabolism because carbs are not an essential macronutrient (i.e., you must eat protein and fat, but can live just fine without carbs). There are various protocols to do this, but the easiest is to just eat mostly steak and eggs or equivalents. If you're not "fat adapted" it takes a few weeks for your body to abandon carbs as a fuel, but once it does you feel GREAT! And without counting calories (much) your body fat will simply go away.

Once your body is used to burning fat, any time it sees a calorie deficit it simply taps into your body fat stores with no decrease in your performance or gains. It ends the "oh no I'm catabolic!" and no more blood sugar spikes and chugging shakes.

Keto ends the cycles of cutting and bulking and your body is way healthier without the hyperinsulinemia - BUT YMMV, each person is different, blah blah blah

Lots of info out there, but for a natural weight trainer looking for a simple lifestyle, it's hard to beat. This guy has great info if keto is interesting:
I'll check it out! Thank you sir! At my age, and with no prior training experience, it goes without saying that I'm a hard gainer. I've battled the losing fat while trying to gain muscle for almost 2 years now. I've seen huge results, but I'm just like everyone else; it doesn't happen fast enough. If it eat more to gain mass, i get fat again. If I cut to lose the fat, I lose the muscle I just built. I have changed up a few things this go around. I only do cardio on my nights off from lifting. I've also learned to start a cut gradually and to begin a bulk gradually.

Coming from 211 in November of 2018 to clocking 132 pounds this morning, the difference in physique is crazy. I'm slowly learning what my body adapts to the best, it's just one of those things that takes time and is trial and error. yes 132 pounds is crazy low, but I'm also 5'9" and have no prior athletic or training background at all. This is all brand new to me. All the muscle that I have is new, so it's just a slow process. The goal is to be around 145-150 and around the 10% bf range. Baby steps.