02-02-2023, 03:24 PM   #28
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I get your point about the engine. Once I learned how to drive the base and keep it in the right RPM range, my turbo lag issues were gone. Opting for a PDK takes the thinking out the equation since it know how to keep you in the sweet spot constantly.
I did notice this. The first one I ever drove was a base and an s both PDK back to back. That's what got me interested in the 718. I honestly don't really recall feeling lag at all on those PDK ones. However it was totally there when I drove a base manual. Still a blast and I will probably revisit it in a couple of years. For shits and giggles I test drove the new Z4 3.0 because they happened to have one there... I hated it soo much! The looks and comfort and all that was fantastic, but I felt it drove like crap to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Very nice choice. Last summer I test drove a red 2023 RF 6MT. I really loved the car, but being a crack over 6' 1" and with long legs, the car was about 5-10% too small in every dimension for me. Sky is the limit with those cars. You can totally make the car you're own. After sadly realizing that the RF was too small for me, I shifted gears and went to a 2011 Cayman Base for only a few thousand less as the new RF I was looking at. This Cayman will cost me, that is for sure
Luckily I'm only like 5' 7" but horizontally gifted so that's the bigger issue for me. The fact that the steering wheel adjusts make a big difference. I also like the idea of having something I can work on myself more easily. I have friends who race miatas and do nothing but deal with miatas all day so maintenance repair I'm not really concerned with.

Plus honestly Porsche is not in my good graces at the moment as the Cayenne is with them right now. Has been there for a week and I'm pretty sure they only even looked at it like a day ago and of course claim they can't replicate any of the issues I brought up, but most importantly claim there's no oil leak which was the main reason I took it in. Like dude, I literally had my indy put it on the lift and check it to make sure it wasn't something they fucked up on their oil change (even though they are very good and I trust them more than dealer). I went and looked at it myself and what I believe is the rear main seal was all COVERED in oil. There is also oil on my garage floor, don't tell me there is no leak.