Thread: Boxster
View Single Post
      01-31-2023, 02:29 PM   #14
XutvJet
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

As I've learned with my CPO'd 2011 Cayman, it doesn't cover much unless you have some major failure. As I've experienced first hand, my CPO'd Cayman had a number of things that were somehow missed during the certification process including following 12 y/o original parts:

1) A nearly worn out clutch
2) A failed dual mass flywheel
3) A torn front engine mount
4) Sagging rear transmission mounts
5) Stretched out shifter cables
6) Worn out shifter bushings
7) A seriously dirty air filter

None of these items would be covered under CPO per the Kansas City Porsche dealer. I got the selling dealer to give me a check for $3K for all conveniently missed items. I had to spend about $1500 out of pocket to address the other stuff which I did the work myself. I look at the CPO as only possibly covering some major engine problem or electrical issue. That's it.

As part of the certification process, they replace the tires (summer N1 rated tires $1500 per Tirerack), rear brake pads, spark plugs, engine oil, gear oil, AOS, brake fluid, accessory belt, the rear view mirror, and the rear splash guards. All tallied, it was well over $2.5K in stuff I won't have to worry about.

Last edited by XutvJet; 01-31-2023 at 02:44 PM..