View Single Post
      11-01-2022, 07:09 AM   #28
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kring View Post
I picked one up, the MSI water cooled suprim liquid X. Nice card it’s my cycle to upgrade so I went with this and an i9-13900k, Z790 motherboard and 64GB DDR5 and 4TB WD SN850X drive.

It’s a blazing rig but my last one was still more than adequate- parts are up on ebay for my 3090 and 9900K w/64GB DDR4 if anyone is interested.

The 4090 is significantly faster but the problem is there are no games that take advantage of the card, in all my years I never thought hardware would outpace games but it has happened. And I dont think there are any games on the horizon for 2 years that would stress this card. Sadly, no one is innovating everything for the past 5 years uses the same few gMe engines and all of them cap out pretty low on quality. We need equivalent od a new Crysis game or someone to start using Unreal5 engine to its max..which is 2 years out likely.

So I am future proof I guess
I blame this on consoles. Back way when, games used to be developed for PC first. Now it's reversed.
kring324.00
BMWGUYinCO4120.00