06-14-2021, 12:25 PM   #3434
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
We went to The Pantry downtown Sunday morning, before heading over to Chavez Ravine. We waited almost an hour, with a constant "show" the mentally challenged homeless locals provided. Some where touched by God, and chanted the entire time about Yahweh, but this guy was wandering into the traffic lanes, spittle all over his face/nose.
Another kept wandering up/down the line of waiting patrons. I was constantly adjusting where my wife/SIL were standing, as I kept a front with my "FBI hands" in position. He kept tormenting the guy in front of me, kept reaching out and touching him if he turned his back. That couple waited an hour, got inside, saw that it was cash only and then left. I don't think they will be back.

I saw at least one LAPD unit drive by, no cares were given. When the buses came thru, they judiciously used their horns.

Do you think when the $2B for mental health/homeless comes down, that more of these people will be taken off the street?
Short answer! No! There's just nowhere to put them, plus…..the homeless don't want to be saved. I know people hate to hear that, but it's the truth. We offer to take these people to shelters and other locations so they have a roof over their heads, but they either decline or leave shortly after we take them. They prefer street living and they prefer environments with no structure. That's the reality………much like predominantly black communities will always be riddled with crime because they like it.

Speaking of the crazy…..

….Yesterday was my first day off. I stayed indoors most of the day, but decided to go to the local Porsche dealership to handle a few things. As I entered the freeway, I immediately noticed two Sheriff's patrol units on the right shoulder dealing with a 918 (..mentally insane person) who was about to jump off of the overpass. I stop traffic in #4 lane to give the deputies space to work. The 918 decides to run into the #4 lane, and then the #3 lane. I see cars passing with no regard for the deputies nor the 918, almost hitting a deputy in the process…….so I become immediately irritated. I pull my Corolla into both the #3 and #4 lanes, blocking the path, and then exit my car with badge and gun in hand right after the truck in the #3 lane decides to honk at me (…what?!? Are you going to run over deputies too?!?!….yeah, I was annoyed!!). I had to stop traffic in the #2 and #1 by badging them. FINALLY everybody stopped so the deputies could deal with the 918 without worrying about passing cars. A CHP Motor rolled up and started assisting the deputies while I held traffic; another CHP unit arrived shortly afterwards. Four law enforcers chased the 918 around on the freeway and eventually had to tackle him. It was a clusterfuck, but thankfully an OIS didn't occur. After it was all resolved, the handling deputy came up and shook my hand and thanked me for helping and asked me to hold traffic a little bit longer while they did what they needed to do.

Moral of the story? 918's are unpredictable………and please pay attention to lights and sirens. Don't just casually drive by and disregard patrol cars on a scene. The lights and sirens are there for a reason. This applies to traffic collisions too. Be mindful that there are humans outside of their vehicles tending to problems and your 4000 lb. intervention is a nuisance……a dangerous one.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 03-14-2022 at 02:30 PM..
upstatedoc7568.50
Joekerr7939.00
cmyx6go15811.00
vreihen1615508.00
mahalom3163.00
Buug95917937.00
paquet629.50
jmack550.00