12-07-2015, 03:49 PM   #73
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3guy3 View Post
Being based off a 4 seat car isnt the problem. I find a stock F80 or F82 looks better than this car.

Its the ugly rims and fender parts. Car also doesn't look as proportional as stock.
I like the rims a lot, just not their color. Simple fix. Fenders are the same as far as I can tell, not sure what you're objecting to.

Front spoiler is retractable, and in the extended configuration is probably not even street legal. As I've said before once you put it on track it no longer matters what the spoiler looks like. In fact in the intermediate and advanced groups you see lots of extreme aero modifications, none of which looks clean or integrated. I should have taken pics of the more bizarre efforts for reference. So on the road it will look like any other aggressively tuned M4, except with working aero bits.

My biggest objection is to the body colors, I do not like any one of them. I also understand BMW will not allow special paint (I.e. Individual) which is truly a shame. But in general the car doesn't offend me any more or less than any other frozen color M4...

YMMV. Still, complaining about wheels or a wing on a 2 seat track special seems very misguided to me.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0