Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
i'm finally confidently lifting 135 for barbell shoulder press in my last set - 7-8 reps... been ending leg day with these - since i don't have a designated shoulder day. And the sissy squats are helping activate parts of my quads... i'm using the smith machine, putting my legs fwd w. heels on 25 lbs plates... JP10
Nice weight on the shoulder presses! I'm not sure what I barbell press for shoulders, haven't done them in awhile now that I think about it. I usually can get the 70lb DBs for 7-8ish (seated). I've done the sissy squats on the smith machine before, goal is to keep your shins stagnant. Movement should just be from your knees up, keep your core tight. Close stance leg presses also does wonders for quad development. Set you feet roughly 4-6" apart, and towards the top of the platform. Focus on pushing through you heels, should allow you to squeeze the vastus medialis (tear drop muscle closest to your knee). So better for inner quad development..
Thanks JP - ya that's pretty much what i've been doing - it's definitely an awesome addition to my routine - did them today - went nearly all
the way down - when you do them do you go heavy or stay on the 10 rep range?

Back n Bi's today - weighted pull-ups - reverse grip cable pull downs ended with 200 lbs for 8 reps, felt solid.

JP - As for the fly's i like to do 2-3 sets incline first then 2-3 sets flat bench - I don't go heavier than 60's it's not needed if you go slow. Then i'll hit the Fly machine and go heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.