11-05-2020, 09:00 AM   #2645
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
i'm finally confidently lifting 135 for barbell shoulder press in my last set - 7-8 reps... been ending leg day with these - since i don't have a designated shoulder day. And the sissy squats are helping activate parts of my quads... i'm using the smith machine, putting my legs fwd w. heels on 25 lbs plates... JP10
Nice weight on the shoulder presses! I'm not sure what I barbell press for shoulders, haven't done them in awhile now that I think about it. I usually can get the 70lb DBs for 7-8ish (seated). I've done the sissy squats on the smith machine before, goal is to keep your shins stagnant. Movement should just be from your knees up, keep your core tight. Close stance leg presses also does wonders for quad development. Set you feet roughly 4-6" apart, and towards the top of the platform. Focus on pushing through you heels, should allow you to squeeze the vastus medialis (tear drop muscle closest to your knee). So better for inner quad development.

Side note, lifted chest this morning. Was solid over all. Every now and again I over extend doing flys and my left shoulder has minor pain. Usually towards the end of my workout, so I called it quits after that. I've tried to push through even just minor things you wouldn't think is an injury before and it isn't worth it haha.