Thread: Real Estate
View Single Post
      08-15-2019, 04:58 AM   #22
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Home costs are a joke everywhere. I can understand upgrading inside and doing things to add value, but a lot go overboard.

I bought my house 15 years ago when it was me and my daughter. I never planned on getting married again. Meanwhile co-workers of mine were spending $300K+

I could have afforded the same as them, but I spend more time away from the house than I do in it. It is just a convenience for me.

My house is paid for as I opted for a 15 year loan, my co-workers who I still know are still paying. Only thing I did was refinance it about 10 years ago to a lower rate and paid all closing costs out of pocket.

Since they developed the street behind me, my property has gone up tremendously.

My house and yard is one of the biggest in the neighborhood. All the houses on the street behind me are smaller, look the same, and get this.....the first one they built sold for ~$185K. By the time they got to the end of the street, they were selling so quickly that the last few they are building are listed in the low- $200's.....and they are the same house as the first ones constructed!

I get offers all the time....and will eventually move as my wife doesn't like the crowded feeling. Before, the street behind me was completely wooded.

My house is valued at around $200K. We had done a few upgrades inside when I got married, and I have a nice workshop in the back.

But I'm almost 45 years old and don't want another mortgage. So I told my wife if we move....I was putting a cap on the total cost. I don't want to owe anymore than a $100K if we do this....and if she couldn't find something she liked in that range, we would just stay where we are at!

Last edited by Rmtt; 10-21-2019 at 09:28 AM..
RickFLM410954.50