View Single Post
      06-16-2016, 11:31 AM   #688
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
I'm not sure it's all the GM's fault. I think your boy Ted Leonsis has his finger on too much that goes on there. As an outsider looking in...he reminds me of Jerry Jones. I don't mean that in a positive way...

Ovie's line was fine. Oshie is a beast as well (BTW, I'd take that trade, any day of the week). I'll admit - to win the cup, you need to get some bounces (ie, luck). Majority is skill - we all get that...most of the teams making the playoff have most of that, but you need some luck, you need some poise (when your back is against the wall in a game 6 or 7), and you need sacrifice.

We got lucky in a couple games that series (Weber's clear directly to Hornqvist probably #1 for the Pens). Beagle's unreal save (play of the playoffs) for the Caps could have made a difference if they would have scored the other way. Caps win that game after Beagles save...I think the series is tilted.

I question the Caps sacrifice in that series...I didn't see too many blocked shots in that series other than the D (which they should do). Would have liked to see the F's step up a bit there. I think they tried to win on skill alone...good for the regular season, not so good for playoffs.