08-18-2022, 08:15 AM   #108
TR930
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 F80 M3 TB/AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
Unfortunately all to many are spreading misinformation regarding batteries and how they are made and such, while not doing proper research and taking on bias news and this goes both ways those who likes new tech and those who thinks well its good as it is, and this type of information is also boosted by the social media, it all comes down to what you are interested in and what you click on and that is what will be served to you, even google does that to an extent where they act as a big "filter" but unfortunately that can hit the wrong targets sometimes.

A lot of people still think that burning fossil fuels ain't bad for the environment or in some ways they know its bad but thinking "well i am not the one who does so much wrong, its the others" and the so called "others" think the same, this eventually creates a negative feedback loop where no one is willing to change their habits or products for the so called "greater good".

But then again this is a car forums so in my opinion the most important thing here is the cars we enjoy day to day. Weather it be EV or not, but there is no denying that ICE cars have caused a lot of damage during their existence, although i am glad that the new generation of ICE cars have become so much better at minimizing this damage but as long as they keep releasing emissions by being used daily then it is an issue, or simply by the oil that is needed to be extracted from the ground/ocean floors then transported on this huge cargo ships that also runs on diesel(Just ask any ship captain and they will tell you how much different fuels they run on depending on where at seas they are or in what country's waters they are, where there is different rules for emissions) then refined, and then transported to the nearest gas station by truck, you see how insane it starts to get.

I am all for the car brands starting to expand in to new territories and adopting new ways of propelling their cars forwards whether it be on batteries or some form of hydrogen or anything else that is better for the environment in the long run then the current way of doing it, but i doubt with the current tech we will find a new way to create/produce cars that is completely emissions free that is simply not possible atm the amount of parts going in to a car even EVs used a lot of fossil type of products for their existence. But i hope one day they will be not perfect but good enough so it wont impact us negatively to much. But that ain't gonna happen as long as we got more people back in the train pulling the emergency brakes all the freaking time saying no to all new progress because they are simply terrified of change themself.

And hope one day M will release a product that is an light weight EV with proper driving dynamics minus the sound if its an EV or maybe some sound if it is another way then EVs.
Tripe.