Rep

Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidXJ View Post
The Guardian ran an article a couple of months ago on the pros and cons of keeping an existing ICE vs buying a new EV, where comparative carbon footprints and impacts are concerned, and they mentioned the respective data for production. I'm all for EVs as an ecological solution, don't get me wrong. But the monodirectional advocacy of them at a time when we need multiple solutions across different national contexts and socioeconomic constituencies is open to debate. Unless one thinks that they really are the only solution, which is fine.

It’s all about money and government corruption.These lithium batteries are doing major harm to the worlds environment.It was OK to use it for some mobile phones but these car batteries need a massive amount of lithium.This technology sucks for cars IMO.

https://ecojungle.net/post/lithium-e...mental-impact/
Clearly you unfamiliar with the composition of the Gen 5 batteries is in the iX and i4. Maybe post something relevant to the materials in the battery. What's next permanent magnet mining for the electric motors?