View Single Post
      10-29-2008, 04:03 AM   #10
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep

Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
The 09 is the same as the 08 G37 coupe, which no way runs that 0-60 time. It's a pig.

**edited, just realized you typed 7 speed.** However, I still think it's wrong. The 37 sedan is faster than the 37 coupe, and Edmunds had the 37 sedan at 5.2 or 5.3.

With the right gearing 5 second 0-60 times are not only possible, but easily achieved. The downside is fuel economy (but I'm sure a nice tall top gear or two is in place to make up for that). It ultimately depends on what the car maker is striving for. It's all about marketing too. And for sure it's a plush sports coupe, same as a 335i. Nothing wrong with that. These aren't track tools, they are mass produced sporty and luxurious transportation. With that, they can appeal easily to both men and women. For one they're nice looking, comfortable, have status, and are very easy to drive. That appeals to both sexes almost equally. Most men that buy these cars aren't serious enthusiasts. Just seekers of a nice car at a certain price point.