View Single Post
      04-13-2019, 12:22 PM   #149
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
I think you're correct as i'm watching YouTube videos it's sod worms that are laid when you see moth's flying out of your lawn. I believe it's the beetle that lays the grubs. i'll keep researching as there's a crap load of insects and what not
Yeah, that's sod webworm. I had that in a few areas in the front last fall. The white-ish moths that 'jump' up when the grass is disturbed and the patches of brown, dead grass (from the larvae eating the roots) are tell tale signs.

It's kinda sad that despite all the yard care research...you don't necessarily learn about these things until you've experienced it firsthand and have to fix it. lol

I'm thinking of ditching our lawn care company and taking full control now. After raking the back yard (almost 22k sq ft), I don't think the areas will fill in like they say they will w/o intervention. In the many bare spots, I don't see signs of new growth. They also want to put 30-0-4 fert down but I think the grass is still in a root dev phase coming out of dormancy. I don't care as much for the lush green right now as I do the grass doing it's natural 'thang' (which is rooting at this time of year).