06-22-2019, 12:26 PM   #6
BayAreaBimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: G05 40Msport, F33 440, E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
may sound weird but i dont feel safe on high speeds with soft top if you like to keep it closed.. feels a bit wobbly on the roof doesnt feel right in some way..
Hear what's being said about the trunk space (though I tend to have no issue putting my golf clubs in the back seat), and the looks (though it's subjective: while coupes May look most sleek, I think that the hard top is significantly better looking than the ragtop, especially over time).

I think it's marginally safer, noticeably quieter, better looking, and the mechanics of the roof going down make it special. I can't tell you how many people stop and tell me they didn't realize it was a convertible, or to just watch the top change.

The other difference for me, as someone who lives downtown, is the theft/vandalism aspect...for some reason, people seem to enjoy slicing into convertible roof tops around here. Both my friends with convertibles have had this happen in the last 18 months, with nothing in the car to steal.

Sounds like I'm late to the game, and new to the forums, but I'm sad about it for sure.
Attached Images

M4 (sold)
335is (sold)
clee1982796.00
omasou2079.50