View Single Post
      02-04-2024, 02:27 PM   #55
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Day 2: Animal Kingdom

This was my first time ever at Animal Kingdom, and it was pretty enjoyable. They had a pretty good selection of rides.

Notable Rides:
Avatar - Flight of Passage: This ride was pretty fun, but ultimately just a 3D screen with moving seat. It's worth it if you can secure a Genie+ spot.

Kilimanjaro Safari: A fun little bus ride through the savannah with some impressive animals including giraffes, elephants, and even lions. Was pretty easy to get a Genie+ booking for it.

Na'vi River Journey: A dark boat ride through the world of Avatar. The visuals are pretty awesome with lots of glow in the dark props that makes it quite "magical".

Dinosaur: I love dinosaurs so this was a fun ride - but definitely a bit scary for youngsters. My daughter was terrified of the life-like dinosaurs that looked like they were trying to eat us. It's also really dark.

Dining:
That evening we had dinner at Tiffin restaurant. The food there was pretty delicious with an Indo-African inspired menu. Expensive, but worth it IMO.

Name:  dw2_1.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  538.0 KB
Name:  dw2_2.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  338.2 KB
Name:  dw2_3.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  362.4 KB
Name:  dw2_4.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  827.4 KB

Day 3: Epcot

Good old Epcot has been upgraded with the addition of Guardians of the Galaxy which in my opinion was the best ride in all of Disney World. And the world locations never get old.

Notable Rides:

Guardians of the Galaxy - Cosmic Rewind: Don't want to spoil it, but I absolutely loved it. We couldn't get into the virtual queue for it, so ended up buying lightning lanes (which were also going quick) - so make sure you book asap on the day of. It's an indoor rollercoaster but the combination of visuals and music and general speed make it a hit.

Soarin: This is a pretty old ride. It's turned into "Soarin over California" now (probably sponsored by California). It's still a fun ride but it's a "been there done that" type of situation. If you can get a Genie+ spot then it's worth checking out.

Spaceship Earth: Another Disney World staple - it's not anything exciting - basically tells human history with animatronic figures as you ride through the large golf ball. It tells a bit of a Euro-Centric history, but it's still a nice ride and relatively easy to get a Genie+ spot for.

Turtle Walk with Crush: This isn't a ride but a show/performance. Crush from Finding Nemo interacts with the audience and he's a fan favorite - the kid absolutely loved him and adults will find it entertaining as well.

Mission Space: This one has 2 options - the orange ride or the green ride. Don't do the orange ride - unless you're an astronaut or a fighter pilot or an F1 driver. Just don't.... you won't have a good time and it can potentially ruin the rest of your day. I didn't do it this trip, but on a previous Disney trip I did the orange ride and if it wasn't for the fact that I was a teenager who could easily bounce back from that experience, it would have ruined my day.

Dining:

We had a late lunch at Space 220. The food was ok, but the overall experience and ambiance was incredible. Highly recommended for the experience alone.

Name:  dw2_5_epcot.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  543.1 KB
Name:  dw2_6_epcot.jpg
Size:  648.5 KB
Name:  dw2_7_space220.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  396.9 KB
Name:  dw2_8_space220.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  426.5 KB
Name:  dw2_9_space220.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  361.5 KB
Name:  dw2_10_epcot.jpg
Size:  445.4 KB
Attached Images

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima

Last edited by wtwo3; 02-04-2024 at 02:37 PM..