08-11-2015, 04:28 PM   #18
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
Looks like the asking price on eBay is around $200.

Since the T2i is 18Mp, I'd think you'd want a bump in sensor resolution, huh?
Have been looking around - and full kit packages used are fetching a bit more. ESP w/ extras and in mint condition.

Sensor resolution yes - Overall picture quality yes - and lighter / agile also doesn't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyabloke View Post
Coming from Nikon (I recently switched to Canon).

Nikon's are not bad. Definitely good entry level cameras. My problem with them is that instead of focusing on making a GREAT sensor, they just keep upping the megapixels. One of the things I've noticed is that Canon seems to take a crisper image than Nikon does, even though their comparative models have less MP. Maybe it's just me.

Nikon is quite user friendly though, and easy to navigate. But being from Canon you'd feel the opposite most likely.

Nikon body's can be pretty cheap, but the lenses get expensive. As opposed to Canon where it seems to be the opposite. Just my observation, I could be wrong.

I went with the Canon SL1. I figured since it's more of a hobby, a smaller body would be easier to carry while traveling. It has not disappointed yet.
Yeah - am actually looking towards a smaller body / easier to travel with camera that at the same time produces very high quality images. Though I don't frequently travel with my camera its nice to know that a smaller camera with equal power / or better is available on the market if I decide to go that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaede View Post
I have been shooting with Canon for a while and started with the T2i as well. Upgraded to 7D, and then later got my hands on the 6D. I don't have a lot of lens, I usually carry around the "kit lens" 24-105mm F4L for day to day, low light i use a Sigma 18-35mm F1.8,and i do also have the 70-200 F2.8 IS II (which i am in the proces of selling all of them soon).

IF you're not heavily invested into Canon, may i suggest going mirrorless and trying out the Sony A7 line? I have made the switch and honestly could not be happier. The native lens selection has really expanded since the launch of the Full Frame Mirrorless by Sony which include a bunch of awesome Zeiss lenses. And if you really want to use your old lens, you can add an adapter and ALL of them will work. It is small and nimble, and produce picture qualities similar to flagship offerings from Canon and Nikon. Technology is also leap and bounds better than Canon or Nikon offerings. The A7ii (current flagship model) will be out of your price range, but you can easily pick up a used Sony A7 body w/kit lens for <$1,000 and start with that while building your arsenal of lenses. Used Sony A7 body only isn't that much cheaper, grabbing the kit lens with it will be more advantageous as it isn't really too bad of a lens as well.

Good Luck and let us know! Cheers!
Interesting. SONY has been brought up a few times now, and they're one I never considered. The benefit I'm in now - is I do not have a lot invested in Canon IE: lenses other accessories (Besides tripod) so a switch over would not be a big deal.

Will further my search and include Sony now. Any more advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!