View Single Post
      08-09-2015, 04:02 PM   #17
kaede
Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2008 E90 M3

I have been shooting with Canon for a while and started with the T2i as well. Upgraded to 7D, and then later got my hands on the 6D. I don't have a lot of lens, I usually carry around the "kit lens" 24-105mm F4L for day to day, low light i use a Sigma 18-35mm F1.8,and i do also have the 70-200 F2.8 IS II (which i am in the proces of selling all of them soon).

IF you're not heavily invested into Canon, may i suggest going mirrorless and trying out the Sony A7 line? I have made the switch and honestly could not be happier. The native lens selection has really expanded since the launch of the Full Frame Mirrorless by Sony which include a bunch of awesome Zeiss lenses. And if you really want to use your old lens, you can add an adapter and ALL of them will work. It is small and nimble, and produce picture qualities similar to flagship offerings from Canon and Nikon. Technology is also leap and bounds better than Canon or Nikon offerings. The A7ii (current flagship model) will be out of your price range, but you can easily pick up a used Sony A7 body w/kit lens for <$1,000 and start with that while building your arsenal of lenses. Used Sony A7 body only isn't that much cheaper, grabbing the kit lens with it will be more advantageous as it isn't really too bad of a lens as well.

Good Luck and let us know! Cheers!
08' E90 M3 6MT - DD
13' W212 E63 AMG Wagon