07-27-2015, 08:52 AM   #7
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKP View Post
I have the T3i with the 50mm 1.4 lense and I think it takes amazing pictures. It basically what lenses you choose over the body imo.
I agree lenses make a big contribution to overall photo quality - however the T2I body/ camera has had a hard time adjusting and keeping up with upper quality lenses I've applied to it if that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
The 70D can be found fairly cheaply these days. It gets rave reviews and will be a huge step up from the T2i.

Here's a deal from Adorama for the 70D and Pixma Pro-100 printer for $649 after rebate.
Thanks you! I will be purchasing body only this time - and adding lenses I think are appropriate for my shooting style. The 70D looks like a great choice and that is quite cheap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
Since you have the T2i, I suppose you'd want another Canon, so you can carry over any of those lenses to the new camera...?

I have a T4i... Two of the nicest features it has is a touch screen for controlling functions and the screen also articulates, which allows you take pictures from various angles (selfies, worm's-eye view, etc.).
I don't have many if at all any things to carry over. I currently use the stock kit lens / and have rented other lenses to use on the T2I. Switching to Nikon is not out of the question - in fact the idea intrigues me. Need to do some more digging on what Nikon can offer that Canon does not. Unfamiliar with the ease of integration with Mac's. Canon makes that pretty easy.

Only thing I will be carrying over is my tripod - for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allachie9 View Post
Definitely stick with Canon, and as Mark says, some good deals on the 70D.
Look at your budget and go for the best within that price range.
A year or so ago I was looking to upgrade and at the time it was before Canons major releases of technology. Read a few articles stating jumping from T2I to other models (out at the time) - were not viable as many think the T2I is an extremely capable body. I just find when shooting with upgrading lenses IE: EF 16-35 http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consum..._f_2_8l_ii_usm

the camera had a hard time adjusting - shutter speed/ auto focus / etc were all delayed as if it was almost overmatched by the lens. (Hard to explain unless you've done yourself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
This camera interests me. I do want an upgrade from my T2I, but don't want to be in over my head. Though I've been shooting photography from high school/ real film days - the digital aspect of photography and image editing photoshop etc is relatively new territory for me. Looking for something user friendly, adequate and capable of handling quality lenses (that I rent for the time being), and ease of post photo editing via my Mac.

Thanks for all input guys - Please any more suggestions are always welcome!