Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen5242 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
I've never understood the logic behind where the car is made. It's about the parts made not where it's made in my mind... the parts are all the same.
You are correct, it is all about design & quality of the parts. I believe being worried about were they are assembled is called bigotry and discrimination.
Not really. I appreciate Mexico for Mexican things, and Germany for German things. True with globalism, many parts are shared but I still appreciate a German-engineered and German built vehicle more-so than a German-engineered and somewhere else built vehicle. Even if it is mostly psychological. Likewise, there are wonderful Italian restaurants across the US, but to me (and many others), having an authentic Italian meal in Italy is hands down better, even if you could prove scientifically that it is the same. It's not discrimination at all as we appreciate all cultures for what they are known for. Hence why people like doing European delivery - to experience those cultures. Doesn't mean they don't like others. Look, you may not care where your car is built and that is fine for you but throwing out "discrimination" is just silly.