View Single Post
      03-27-2016, 02:38 AM   #16
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1M4 View Post
Always fun to see the fake M cars on the road.I have seen a few this week.I just love to see them in the Bmw service drive Post any pics if you have them
I've always taken the position most real M owners are confident enough with their cars and don't give a sh*t what non-M owners do. Did you start this thread because these misplaced M badges really bother you?

No badging is going to make a car a real M. You know what you have. You get to experience how special it is every day. I don't think M-sport packages with m badge dilute the importance of your fine automobile at all. Your car is still better, looks better, sounds better, and preforms better. I've got a 328 with factory M-sport package. Not once did I think, now I have a M car. I liked the look, it was factory stock, I liked the steering wheel, and I bought it. With absolute certainty I can tell you that true M cars did not become less important or less rare because BMW has chosen, brilliantly I think, to leverage the M brand. They are a car company and their job is to sell cars. As for the aftermarket M badge crowd, I would never do it myself but to each their own. They are not impressing anyone who knows and and those in the know are probably laughing and rolling their eyes.

Enjoy your great ride.