Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Nothing... I've owned a number of M cars, MB, Lexus and a C7 Corvette. Yes, the M cars had a better overall build quality (as they should because they are also more expensive cars) but the difference was not at all meaningful. My C7 looked, subjectively, as nice or nicer inside with full leather and carbon fibre dash. Given it was $18,000 less than my last M4 with full Merino, it's OK some of the buttons were a bit cheaper or there was one or two additional pieces of plastic.

However, it performed better, was more visceral and more fun overall. It also sounded insanely awesome and not even the M performance exhaust would have fixed the sound of the M4 to the same extent.

Don't get me wrong... LOVED my M4. Loved the C7 too and would have zero issues buying another or worrying about build quality. If you asked me which cars I miss the most it would be my C7 and my M2... neither had the same interior build quality of the M4 nor does that fact impact my missing them the most If build quality was the key factor, I'd buy a Lexus LC500 and not a BMW or Corvette.
Love me some orange RC-F, but the performance is severely lacking so I know I would not be happy with it.