chiefneil
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkc View Post
Mine is AT.

I can never brake proper and come to a smooth stop. It is always abrupt. It feels like there is some assisted braking going on...or engine braking like CLittle mentioned.

Regarding transmission, I feel like it takes a lot of effort to get the car moving from a stop. Only once it reaches 30~40 mph, the car feels more alive. I can feel every up-shift and down-shift even in comfort mode. Also, It never seems to be in right gear when i take my foot off gas for a while and slam it down again during turns.

One more thing I am noticing is something new that started after the recent software update. I am not an expert, but i feel like when i brake to slow down to a desired speed and take foot off brake, the car still lurches forward for a micro second and then slows down to my desired speed. I did not notice this behavior before the update.
The tranny on my '14 335i is a bit weird at low speeds, by which I mean <25mph.

Sometimes the car will seem to downshift too early or too much (i.e. down to 1st when it should go to 2nd) when coming to a stop. It's most noticeable when either coasting slowly up to a stop with either none or very light brakes. Around 15 - 20mph sometimes it seems like the car throws out a boat anchor and very rapidly slows down to about 3-4mph. Today I was slowly coasting up to a red light and the car slowed to a crawl too soon, literally about the speed of a 90 year old woman with arthritis and a walker.

It doesn't always do this, and I never notice it under moderate to heavy braking. This is typically in comfort mode. In eco it tends to behave a bit better although I almost never shift to eco mode unless I'm in heavy stop and go. And the only reason I shift to eco mode then is to avoid getting seasick from the aforementioned tranny behavior.
Appreciate 0