View Single Post
      03-05-2017, 07:38 PM   #5
Aero7000
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i DravitGrau / Cognac

CEL went of on my 2014 328d with 97K on the dial.
Historically car had only O2 sensor replaced at about 50K under warranty, other than that car runs great.
Took it to local indy, code 26F500: weak SCR, and secondary code for NOx sensor trowing abnormal reading.
instead of throwing parts at the issue as dealers tend to do he suggested engine management software reload, apparently there was a BMW bulletin about it.
Long story short after software reload CEL came back in less than 50 km, this time only weak SCR code came without NOx, so he induced DPF regen and I took a road trip, after couple day's CEL came on again, with NOx sensor abnormal reading.
I was ready to pull a trigger on sensor replacement, that apparently is $900+labor, so we agreed that he will reset the code and next time if it is the same sensor issue he will replace it.
Now after 3 weeks car is running great with no issue, apparently it takes time for the sensors to relearn new software that actually opened up operating limits that were to narrow in original programming, so fingers crossed the issue is gone now.
Appreciate 0