06-27-2022, 10:05 AM   #76
Pottah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 LBB M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
The up keep apparently hasn't been great. Cutting back on certain services like shuttles from and to some areas. Skyrocketing prices. Basically trying to make the stock holders happy not the guests. Normal people can no longer go if they don't want to take a second mortgage out lol.
The wife and I went earlier this month. Yes, it's not cheap but we also don't have kids . We've gone about 5-6 times in the past 14 years. The biggest changes this year that I remember are:

1. There's no more "Magical Express" to take you to/from the airport but nothing a relatively cheap Uber/Lyft can't fix. Then you don't have to wait for the bus to leave.

2. No more free fast passes or fast pass lane. Now it's called "Lightning Lane" and you can only book one at a time if you pay the extra $15/day for Genie +. After that timeframe you can (attempt) to book another one. Plus, some rides will let you pay a one time fee to jump in the lightning lane for like $10-$15.

3. You have to reserve which park you are going to each day. If you buy a park ticket the day of or not far enough in advance you may not be able to get into the park you want.

4. If you get a park hopper pass you have to wait until like 1-2pm before you can hop to another park and that's assuming it's not completely booked.

5. No more free magic bands but you can use your phone for free. Do what I do and save your magic bands to use each time.

That being said we're still going back but probably not for a few years. We also have a friend whose family is in the super uber exclusive Club 33 so we bought two of their passes and were able to jump in the lightning lane for every ride we went on those two days. They come with either 12 or 16 per day.
wtwo317971.00