08-30-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
I'm assuming that you're a BMW tech since you did the work yourself, since one would ask why you didn't take it in under warranty.
I'd love to see the pics though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotko View Post
Since the car has been new I've felt an intermittent pulsing vibration in the clutch pedal, only happened every once in a while. Yesterday, the pulse became constant and I could also feel it in the shifter. Also, there was alot of noise coming from the transmission.......sounded like there were rocks inside of it when the clutch pedal was out. So out came the tranny this morning.

A couple of things I noticed after pulling the tranny. The dual mass flywheel was stuck in one position which no doubt was causing all the gear noise and pedal vibration. I've never seen one do this before, and it's probably just a freak bad flywheel from the factory. No biggie, I ordered a new one and will be back together tomorrow.

The most interesting thing I noticed was the input shaft on the tranny. The thing is HUGE :rocks: I swear it's at least 2 inches in diameter, and the pilot bearing is inside the input shaft. The flywheel has a small shaft sticking out of the front of it that goes into the bearing in the input shaft. Never seen one setup like this on a BMW. I know I haven't heard of anyone breaking one of these manual trannies on modded 335's, but this reinforces it. That sucker is made to take some abuse from the looks of it.

Maybe I can get some pictures of the input shaft of the tranny today, and I'll post them up if I can figure out how.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0