View Single Post
      05-23-2022, 10:46 AM   #289
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep

Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

This weekend was the annual trip to The Vintage. We didnt have too terribly much prep except for new brake pads on the front and an adjustment on the rear. I did give it a quick bath Thursday before heading out Friday morning.

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr

All set.

I usually take one of my buckets full of cleaning supplies so I can clean the car up before the show, but a normal bucket wouldn't fit in the trunk. I stopped by the local detail garage and grabbed this shorter bucket and some smaller spray bottles.

Perfect fit.

The weekend was a blur, so much so that I didn't snap any pics. Friday we went to Greer to the CCA museum, then to the hotel in Asheville. Had dinner with some friends Friday night, and drank too much beer in the hotel parking lot. Saturday met up with some friends Saturday morning and after coffee, took back roads up to the show. We had a little rain heading back to the hotel after the vintage, but not too bad and ended the evening with more parking lot beers. We had a few little issues with the car. There is a stumble/hesitation that intermittently shows up for a short time if the car heat soaks. We swapped the coil and it was great for the rest of the weekend until about 2 miles from home. The ac could use a recharge and it has a little pull to the left under heavyish braking. All and all I am pretty happen with how it performed. We have some mods and maintenance planned soon, but we might wait until the winter and do it all at once. For now it just needs a good cleaning.

happyjack1657.00
wdb4732.00
flybigjet6829.50
P111572.00
overcoil3075.50
Mani5913493.00